6) One week, Kristi worked 3 days at a department store for31/2 h each day. She was paid $9/h.
a) How many hours did Kristi work that week? Show your thinking.
b) How much did Kristi earn that week.
7) Jupiter completes about TWO2/5 rotation every 24 hours (an Earth day). How many rotation does Jupiter complete in one Earth week? Show your thinking.
8) A sailboat is sailing at 81/2 km/h. If the weather conditions and the current do not change, how far will the sailboat travel in 11/3h? Show your thinking.
9) The distance to Grandma's house is 4/5 of the distance to Uncle Glen's house. If Uncle Glen's house is 3 1/2 hours away, how long will it take to get to Grandma's house if you travel at the same speed?
10) It takes 3/5 of a tank of gas to get to work and back each day. How much gas is used over 5 work days? Show your thinking
11) Owen is 2 1/4 times as old as Robin. When Robin celebrates his 8th birthday, how old will Owen be?
1)The karate club is arranging a grading for its members. It takes 3 1/4 hours to test a group of 4 candidates. How long will the club need the gym in order to process 3 groups of 4 candidates each?