Scribe Post for November 12, 2008

4:38 PM

(9) Comments

Today we corrected our homework (green booklet pg. 5, 1-12). We spent almost half the class time on correcting it. Here on the scribe post I wouldn't bother with yesterdays homework. Instead I'm going to scribe about the multiplication rules. Then would scribe about Mel's Integer Theorem. Last but not least, the homework for today.

So, here we go. These are the multiplication rules/theorem. With positive and negative integers.
For the first one, the answer is negative. The next question however, you could use the previous question.Then just multiply the rest with the answer from the previous question. That was the pattern Mr. H was looking for. For me I did it a different way. It took longer, especially explaining it during class.

This is another multiplication rule/ theorem. Here it is only including negative integers.

For this theorem I have a formula using exponents. Here it is.





These formulas are just explaining Mel's Integer Theorem.

This is Mel's Integer Theorem.

When you multiply integers and there are an even amount of negative integers the product is positive.

When you multiply integers and there are an odd amount of negative integers the product is always negative.

Today's homework is to prove Mel's Integer Theorem. We are suppose to prove it by answering questions 13- 18, pg 5, green booklet. I would show 13 and 14 to you.



13.

14.

That's all for today people. Don't forget to do your homework.For the next scribe I choose Kristin. Thanks for reading my scribe post and please leave a comment.

9 Responses to "Scribe Post for November 12, 2008"

Leo-73 said :
November 12, 2008 at 7:25 PM
Good job Angela! One thing though. Your pictures are a little hard to see so I think you should make them darker. Everything else was good.
elmane8-73 said :
November 12, 2008 at 7:29 PM
Great job Angela! And good pictures too, but you should make them darker. But that was good!
simran 9-05 said :
November 12, 2008 at 7:35 PM
Good job! You explained everything really well, but there was one little grammar mistake. Instead of saying I would show you 13-14, you should have said I'm going to show you 13-14. But that's all.
November 12, 2008 at 8:10 PM
Great Job Angela. I agree with elmane and leomar you pictures are hard to see maybe change them to a different colour. Great Job again.
November 13, 2008 at 12:02 PM
Good job on your post! I like how you show the general formula:negative numbers to an even exponent becomes positive!
melanie905 said :
November 13, 2008 at 6:33 PM
Good job Angela! Yes, I also agree on the pictures, on making them darker. I liked the way you showed your own formula. Good Job again! (:
explorer9-05 said :
November 13, 2008 at 6:41 PM
Great job Angela! Though your pictures could be a little darker. You explained everything well and had a great use of colour.
angela905 said :
November 16, 2008 at 12:57 PM
Thanks every body for reading my scribe post, and commenting on it.
Also thank you Ms. Skogberg for reading our blog.
Zerlina905 said :
November 17, 2008 at 8:19 PM
Good job Angela. It made sense and I like the all of the pictures. But I would like it better if you your pictures darker.

Post a Comment