Pythagorean Theorem

12:04 PM

(0) Comments

In this post I am going to be talking about the Pythagorean theorem. I am going to use the vocabulary while I explain how the artifacts are linked so that it is less complicated. I am also going to explain some of the vocabulary in my pictures, and I will put the vocabulary words in bold just so you know.

Artifact #1



Pythagoras was an ancient Greek mathematician that lived in many places throughout his life. He was born in Greece around 580 B.C.E. and lived to be about 100. He was most famous for creating the Pythagorean Theorem (that comes in later). He was a very influential man in his time, because not only did he create the Pythagorean Theorem he also; declared that the Earth was round, was considered the father of Geometry, father of music (specifically harmonics), and may have been the first vegan (doesn't eat any animal products). He was considered a lunatic by some people because he believed in reincarnation, he said that he could hear his deceased friends in animals.


Here are the other artifacts, as you will see, they are all connected (the other vocabulary is in there too)!

Artifact #2


Artifact #3


A right angled triangle also has a 90 degree angle, that's what makes it a right triangle. To solve for the hypotenuse you have to use the equation (which comes later).
Artifact #4

Pythagoras used his special equation to solve for C. It states that:"The area of a square built upon the hypotenuse of a right triangle is equal to the sum of the areas of the squares upon the remaining sides." The equation "a2+b2=c2" is used to solve for a right triangle.


I am now going to solve for a.


I have just shown you how the artifacts/vocabulary are connected. But in case you don't get it I'll explain. Pythagoras is Greek. He also came up with a theorem and formula, involving right angled triangles and squares. The theorem solves for a, b, or c. It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it!

Here are some problems that I am going to solve using the Pythagorean theorem.
Problem #1

Here is the solution for one triangle:
A2=C2-B2
A2=10 squared -8 squared
A2= (10x10)-(8x8)
A2=100-64
A2=36
/A2=/36
A=6
Now you have to find the length of the question mark.

A=6
A+A= ?
6+6=12mm


Problem #2


A measures to 10mm
B measures to 2mm
The distance between a and b is 16mm.
B=10+2=12
A²+B²=C²
10²+12²=C²
(10x10) + (12x12)=C²
100+44=C²
√100+√44=C²
15.62=C
Here is my first video.




Here is my second video


I hope that you enjoyed it! Please comment and tell me if I made ANY mistakes!

kara 9-05

,

0 Responses to "Pythagorean Theorem"

Post a Comment