Andrew's Big Book of Algebra

6:15 PM

(5) Comments

Addition (Cinquain)


Adding, Gaining
Increasing, Adding, Writing
Simple tool for math.
Plus.

Subtracting Integers (Picture)


To take away, Diminish
Less than, Decreasing.

Mel's rule (Free Verse)


Simple, All you need to know is
when we multiply even numbers
of negative integers we get positive
for the product.


Qoutative Division (Cinquain)


Groups, Halfing
Question, Goes into, Multiplicative inverse
makes life easier
Qoutient.

Chapter 2 Combining like terms and the Distributive Property






Tom: Hey Jim

Jim : Hey Tom

Jim: Hows it going?

Tom:  Nothing just trying to do my homework.

JIm:Oh, thats good 

Jim:what subject are you doing?

Tom:Oh, Im doing my math homework

Jim:ahhh..... I see

Tom:so what are you doing in math?

Jim:o were in algebra were learning the distributive property and combining like terms.

Jim: ahh were learning that too.

Tom:would you help me with this question? 

Tom:n+3minus5n+12

Jim:well step 1 is you cirlce the terms step 2 you rewrite the question then answer

Jim:let me think.i think the answer is 17+negative5 N

Tom:well I think what you did wrong is that you just added the the algebraic equation. always remember that you always have to follow rules in algebra. 

Jim:O I get it now i need to follow rules in evrything. Thanks alot for coming over man Im glad you helped.

Tom: No prblem man..

Tom:glad I can help

Jim:K im gonna go now Peace

Tom: peace

Second Video:


Bob: whats up fred?

Fred: hey bob nothing much 

Fred: how's you fred?

Bob: Oh, Im fine

Fred: I heard you moved to different school

Bob: yes,  I moved to xavier school

Fred: ahhh, I see

Bob: How about you? 

Fred: Im still in sargent.

Bob:I heard they teach math hard in there

Fred: Yes, 

Fred:were learning about the distributive property and and combining like terms

Bob: ahh. I see

Fred: here im gonna give you some question 2 + 4(3n+8)

Bob:I can probably solve that.

Fred: you kidding I cant even solve that one

Bob:ok here illl start solving it 

Bob:I got 18n+48

Bob:I think you get the answer wrong because you just added it alll up.

Fred:yup I did I suck at math

Fred:Thanks anyways

Bob: No problem

Fred:OK anyways I gotta go. Bye

Bob: Bye

Chapter 4


5 Responses to "Andrew's Big Book of Algebra"

gerico873 said :
December 6, 2008 at 6:46 PM
Good job Andrew!but is this late?
bea873 said :
December 6, 2008 at 11:55 PM
good job Andrew but you don't have a partitive division integers and i think your work was late but i don't know over all good job!
Zerlina905 said :
December 14, 2008 at 10:38 AM
Good job! You are supposed to have 5 poems, you forgot Partitive Division. You were late! But I liked how you used different colours, it made it easier to read, good job.
Chie8-73 said :
December 14, 2008 at 6:18 PM
Good job Andrew...but the yellow green is hard to read and you are supposed to have 5 poem..
Anonymous said :
April 17, 2009 at 8:05 AM
This was a very good poem, very creative. You used the four operations and described them in different ways.

Post a Comment