Kristin's Big Book of Algebra

8:05 PM

(8) Comments

Chapter 1 : Integer poetry


Adding Integers - Haiku

Adding integers
Positives and negatives
Cancel each other


Partitive Division - Free Verse

Partitive division
Is like dealing cards
How many equal parts
Are in two groups
When we have
Negative six?


Subtracting Integers - Tanka

It does not exist
Instead, add the opposite
Then add normally
Subtracting integers is
Not hard now that you know how


Quotative Division - Haiku

How many groups of
Positive seven are in
Positive fourteen?

Rules for Multiplying - Free Verse

When multiplying integers
And there is an even amount of
Negative integers, or no negative integers
The product is positive

If there is an odd amount
Of negative integers
The product is negative

Thanks for reading!







Chapter Two:

Combining like terms and the Distributive Property


Hi! Just so you know(if you didn't already), my characters are Sakka and Momo(I know he's a lemur) from Avatar. Also(again, if you didn't already know) Sakka in a guy.


Sakka: Hi Momo!

Momo: Hey Sakka!

Sakka: Hey Momo, I was wondering.... Is n+3-5n+12 simplified, -6n+15?

Momo: AHAHAH! Ha ha ha lol ha ha!

Sakka: Waaa! If I'm wrong just tell me!

Momo: You're wrong.

Sakka: Waaa!What did I do wrong?

Momo: You added the positive n to the negative 5n instead of canceling(zero pairs).

Sakka: Well then, what should I have done?

Momo: Well first you regroup it. It would then be n-5n+3+12.

Sakka: Ok...
Momo: Then you add the variables and the integers. So n-5n would be -4n, and 3+12 is 15. So it would be -4n+15.
Sakka: Wow! You can solve anything!
Mom: Well yes. Almost...

Sakka: Can you help me with this question? 2+4(3n+8).
Momo: Well first I multiply the 3n and the 8 by 4 because the 4 was touching the bracket. Then I brought down the two and got 2+12n+32.
Sakka: That makes sense.
Momo: Next I combine the like terms, so it will be 12n+2+32.
Sakka: Yeah...
Momo: Which means my final simplified answer is 12n+34.
Sakka: What?! How did you get that? I thought it was 12n + 10?
Momo: Oh, you must have forgotten to multiply the 8. Its ok.
Sakka: Please don't tell Katara.
Momo: sigh, fine.

Thanks for reading!












Chapter 3


Hi there! These are the questions I chose to do:


  • Additive - 6+n = 9

  • Subtractive - -3 = -6+n


  • Multiplicative - 2n = 10


  • Divisive - n/3 = 4

Remember, what you do to one side, you must do to the other.


Additive - 6+n = 9





Subtractive - -3 = -6+n






Multiplicative - 2n = 10




Divisive - n/3 = 12


Chapter 4



Yay! It's our video! I really hope you enjoy watching it. Sorry for all the mistakes. I did not get enough sleep. \(-_-\)




Again, sorry for the mistakes in the video, but I really hoped you enjoyed watching it and reading my post. If my computer miraculously lets me put the video up then I will, but until then thanks for reading!




8 Responses to "Kristin's Big Book of Algebra"

aaron8-73 said :
December 5, 2008 at 8:51 PM
Good job Kristin! i enjoyed reading your poems. They were well done.
Zerlina905 said :
December 5, 2008 at 9:22 PM
Good job Kristin! Your poems made sense and were great! They were clear and understandable, good job again!
gerico873 said :
December 5, 2008 at 9:26 PM
Good job Kristin!your poems is good.
bea873 said :
December 5, 2008 at 10:04 PM
good job! Kristin your work is great and you it's has sense to read.
December 5, 2008 at 11:28 PM
Great Job Kristin! Your poems make sense , and describe the topic well. Great Job again.
Darren 8-73 said :
December 6, 2008 at 3:03 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darren 8-73 said :
December 6, 2008 at 11:39 AM
Good job i really enjoyed reading your poems, its very easy to read and it's all neat .
elmane8-73 said :
December 6, 2008 at 9:30 PM
Great job Kristin! Your poems were great! And organized, good job!

Post a Comment