Shaneille's Big Book Of Algebra

7:40 PM

(7) Comments


Chapter 1



Cinquain ( Addition and Subtraction)



Addition
Two Lines
Adding, Combining, Increasing
A cross--- One Line
Subtracting, Minusing, Decreasing
Reduces A Number
Subtraction

Free verse (Quotative)

Quotative Division
Takes Precision
How Many Groups?
Are in Soup?
None Of Course
Which Brings Me Back To The Source
Quotative Doesn't Work All The Time
But Ill Bet you A Dime


Free Verse (Partitive Division)
Partitive Division
Also Takes Precision
Partitive Is Bad
And Makes Me Sad
When We Have Two Negatives
Partitive Is Forced To Give...
To Quotative


Tanka


(Rule For Multiplying Integers ; Mel's Rock Pile)
Mel's Rock Pile Rule
About Many Integers
Says Two Positives
The Answer Is Positive
There's Part Of Mel's Rock Pile Rule
Chapter 2
Sammy: Hello
Seba: Hello young Sammy
Seba You have come here for help I assume
Sammy: no no I just wanted some cheese…
Sammy: OF COURSE I NEED HELP!
Seba : alright no need to have a hedgehog
Sammy: n+3-5n+12….. stumped right!
Seba : Ahh that’s quite tricky. ..
Sammy: I knew I could could get you … im smarter haha I’m smarter
Seba Now No interrupting girl
Sammy: The answer is -6n+15
Seba: ahh mistakes .. your so young
Sammy: well smarty pants whats the answer?
Seba: -4n+15
Sammy: no way , Invalid
Seba: Yes but you see when you have a negative and a positive it makes zero
Sammy: Oh I see I added the N as a negative
Sammy: Well hot shot Figure out this one 2+4(3n+8)
Sammy: It’s 12n+10
Seba: Ahh No young child …. It’s 12n+34
Sammy: But I multi then add it’s all a blur now
Seba: Yes you started out right 4 times 3n .. but then you added the 2 to the 8 you must mutiply the 4 to the 8 then you have 2+12n+32 add the 2 to the 32 and you got it!
Sammy: Well… You know I can still eat more hot dogs then you , and I can run faster!
Seba I shall not participate in your childlike games Good bye
Seba: Before I leave I’m still smarter then you!







Chapter 3
The 4 questions i chose were:
n/3=4
2n=10
n-5=1
n+4=2




















Chapter 4
Here is a video with Algebra tiles











algebra tiles from Louie Angela on Vimeo.

7 Responses to "Shaneille's Big Book Of Algebra"

shaine873 said :
December 4, 2008 at 8:59 PM
Great job Shaneille!!!I like your poems..but its much better if you used a lot of colors..Over all you did it GREAT!! =D
bea873 said :
December 4, 2008 at 9:27 PM
good job! Shaneille your poems are great you have a nice using of colors but you have to add more,over all nice job! Shaneille.
elmane8-73 said :
December 5, 2008 at 4:52 PM
Great job Shan! yours was colourful, but you should add more. But still... Great job!
muriel 9-04 said :
December 5, 2008 at 10:58 PM
good job shaneille. i agree with them, it's better if you add more colors. but it's ok. great job!
azra873 said :
December 6, 2008 at 11:53 AM
great work. I also like your works. great job again Shaneille.
gerico873 said :
December 6, 2008 at 11:41 PM
WELL DONE Shaneille!i like your poems ,overall you did a good job!:)
angela905 said :
February 11, 2009 at 5:14 PM
Good job Shaneille. Very colurful and organized!

Post a Comment