Vikram's Big Book of Algebra

10:07 PM

(5) Comments

Chapter 1:

(Haiku)

Adding is easy


so easy will make you laugh

Add with the brackets

(Tanka)

Subtraction is fun

You will take away numbers

Take away, Minus

Subtraction does not exist

You Shall add the opposite


(Free Verse)

Take a deck of cards

Give them equally out

to everyone there

until you have no

more cards

(Haiku)

Hard but fun to learn

Negatives and Positives

Easy after learned


(Free Verse)

If there are a even amount

of negative or integers the

sum will be positive

If there is a odd amount of

negative integers the

product shall be negative

If a zero is involved the

product shall be a zero



Chapter 2: (xtra normal did not work)

Yusei: I am ready for any questions you got.
Jack: Oh really?
Yusei: Yes
Jack: Try this one then
Jack:
n+3-5n+12.
Yusei: Sure give me a few minutes.
Jack: Okay.
Yusei: The answer is -6n+15.
Jack: Wrong, now take a few minutes to figure out the right answer.
Yusei: okay...
Yusei: I know where I went wrong, I added the n to the -5n. But I should have subtracted the n from the -5n. Which makes it -4n+15.
Jack: Yes young one.
Yusei: See I'm good.
Jack: But you still have a second question.
Yusei: ahh...
Jack: here it is. 2 + 4(3n+8)
Yusei: This is a harder one... give me some more time.
Jack: Okay
Jack: ( 10 minutes later) Are you done yet?
Yusei: I've been done 8 minutes ago.
Jack: Then what were you doing?
Yusei: Watching Television.
Jack: What ever, so what is your answer?
Yusei:
12n + 10!
Jack: Wrong
Yusei: ahh man.
Jack: Here is the right answer
Jack:
12n + 34
Yusei: hmm....
Jack: Oh, you already know your mistake?
Yusei: Yes I do...
Jack: Okay what is it?
Yusei: I forgot to multiply 8 by 4 , then add the extra 2, which would have made 34.
Jack: Very well done.
Yusei: Hmm? but I got all the questions wrong.
Jack: But you found what your mistakes were.
Jack: That is what math is all about, learning from your mistakes.
Yusei: I get it now...
Jack: That is what matters
Jack: Well I'm off
Yusei: c ya
Jack: bye
Yusei: ...














5 Responses to "Vikram's Big Book of Algebra"

gerico873 said :
December 6, 2008 at 11:24 AM
Nice job Vikram!your poem is big and easy to read.
Darren 8-73 said :
December 6, 2008 at 11:33 AM
Good job Vikram, everything looks neat, the printing is easy to read and your poems make sence.
Zerlina905 said :
December 14, 2008 at 9:51 AM
Good job, I liked how you had a different colour for each of you poems. I also liked how you made the font bold but I can not see the bright light green, you should change it to a more darker colour.
muriel 9-04 said :
February 11, 2009 at 6:31 PM
good job vek! your poem is easy to read and big, your poems make sense and i like the way you use colours..=))
Anonymous said :
April 17, 2009 at 8:02 AM
Nice job Vikram
I really like your poems, i think its funny and creative!

Post a Comment