Simran's Big Book of Algebra

6:00 PM

(5) Comments

Chapter 1

Haiku

Adding

Adding integers

is increasing a number

to find out the sum.

Tanka

Subtraction

You can not subtract,

the only way is to add

add the opposite

now you can find the answer

it will make life easier.

Free verse
Quotative Division

It was math class for 8-73.

This class they were learning how to divide integers.

Negative five goes into negative one the question read.

A young student named Shaneille was confused.

She didn't understand how this question worked.

Luckily Shaneille was sitting beside Simran who explained to her,

that it means how many groups of negative one's are in negative five.

Shaneille instantly answered the question, thanks to Simran of coarse!

Free Verse

Partitive Division

Partitive division can be tricky.

When you divide by two negatives it can be icky.

It's like dealing cards.

So everyone can get a even amount and nothing will be hard.

Tanka
Rule For Multiplying Integers/ Mel's Rock Pile

When you Multiply.

something to remember is

an even amount ...

of negative integers

the product will be even.

Chapter 2
( Fresh Prince of Belair)
Will: Hey G!
Geffery: Yes master Will.
Will: Yo, I think my teacher marked something wrong that should have been right on my test, can you check.
Geffery: Let's see master Will.
Will: The question was n+3-5n+12 and I put -6n+15 for my answer, how is this wrong?
Geffery: Well master will you went wrong when you did not added the the positive and negative integers right.
Will: So you're saying I'm wrong?
Geffery: Yes master Will you are wrong.
Will: You're wak, I'm never wrong!
Geffery: Okay master Will I will explain it again. You forgot the n was a positive and not a negative.
Will: Which means....
Geffery: Which means you were suppose to, huh.
Will: See G you don't know.
Geffery: I do know, I was thinking of how I should explain it, so you could understand.
Will: Sure you were.
Geffery:
When you have a negative and a positive it makes zero.
Will:
Oh, so my answer was suppose to be -4+15.
Geffery: Yes master Will.
Will: Thanks G!..... But I have another question.
Geffery: Okay master Will I guess I will help you.
Will: The question was 2+4(3n+8), and I put 12n+10 for my answer.
Geffery: Oh dear.
Will: What do you mean by oh dear.
Geffery: It means you made dumb mistakes.
Will: Do tell.
Geffery: Well you got 12n right, but 10 is wrong. You still had to multiply 4 by 8. After that you then had to add the 2.
Will: Oh, so my answer should have been 12n+34.
Geffery: Yes master Will.
Will: Again thanks G!

By the way I didn't spell Jeffery wrong it's just because he calls him G in the show, and his name is Geffery. So yeah :)






Chapter 3 One Step Equation Solving


Here are the four questions I choose:
Additive: n+4=6
Subtractive: n-3=5
Multiplicative: 8n=16
Divisional: n/2=12

n+4=6




n-3=5


8n=16




n/2=12



Chapter 4 Solving Equations using Algebra Tiles

Now here's my video that I made with my group on how to use algebra tiles. Hope you enjoy ! :)




algebra tiles from Louie Angela on Vimeo.

5 Responses to "Simran's Big Book of Algebra"

bea873 said :
December 5, 2008 at 9:52 PM
good work! Simran, in your work their are simple mistakes like the other words was so small and it's hard to read,over all good job!
December 5, 2008 at 11:17 PM
Great Job Simran!You have a couple spelling mistakes you should fix.
azra873 said :
December 6, 2008 at 11:48 AM
good job Simran. your poems are very nice and nicely done.
kara 9-05 said :
December 7, 2008 at 3:37 PM
Nice work Simran! Your poems made alot of sense and they were very interesting!
angela905 said :
February 11, 2009 at 5:16 PM
Good job Simran! Your's is very colurful and organized!

Post a Comment