Leo's Big Book of Algebra

9:34 PM

(7) Comments

Chapter One

Adding Integers(Haiku)

Adding integers,

Combined sum of integers,

Simple addition.

Subtracting Integers(Picture) (minus or negative sign)

Subtracting integers, to remove,

Increase or decrease, take away

Partitive Division(Picture) (a deck of cards)

Its just super easy

like a deck of cards

and giving out evenly

a card to each person.

That is like partitive

sharing, giving, divide.

Quotative Division(Haiku)

Divide, fitting in

How many will fit into

A special number

Rule for Multiplying Integers(Free Verse)

This rule is easy, and I'm not trying to lie

Because all you have to do is multiply!

When you multiply an even amount of negative,

Your answer or product will be positive!

But if there are an odd amount of negative,

Your answer or product will also be negative!


Chapter 2 - Combining Like Terms and the Distributive Property

Jack:Hey Jill!
Jill:
Hey Jack
Jack:Do you want to go up the hill?
Jill:
No not for today, but I got a new game we could play!
Jack:Okay what is it about?
Jill:It's about math. Combining like terms and the distributive property.
Jack:
Okay, I'll try it.
Jill:Okay, try this question here, It's about distributive property. Here: "2 + 4(3n+8)"
Jack:Just give me some time to think..
(1 minute later)
Jack:Okay, I think I got it now!
Jack:Is the answer 12n + 10!
Jill:
Nope your wrong!
Jill:
The answer is 12n + 34.
Jack:
Oh, now I know where I went wrong here.
Jill:
Okay tell me what you did wrong.
Jack:I got 12n correct, It's just that I forgot to multiply 8 by 4 to get 32, then add the extra 2.
Jill:
Yeah your right!
Jill:Okay now try this question, It's about combining like terms this time.
"n+3-5n+12"
Jack:
Okay give me a little more time now.
(3 minutes later)
Jack:
Okay I think I got it now!
Jack:
Is the answer -6n+15
Jill:Nope wrong again!
Jack:
Just wait, let me find my mistakes again.
(30 seconds later)
Jack:
Oh I know where I went wrong!
Jack:
I added the n to the -5n which would make it -4n but I thought it was -6n!
Jill:Haha yeah, your right again with the corrections!
Jack:
Yeah I seem to correct it all the time.
Jill:
Yeah, want to go up the hill now?
Jack:Okay

THE END


Chapter 3 One Step Equation Solving

Additive

Subtractive


Multiplicative


Divisive


Chapter 4 : Solving Equations with Algebra Tiles

Here is the video of equations with algebra tiles:



7 Responses to "Leo's Big Book of Algebra"

Leo-73 said :
December 4, 2008 at 10:01 PM
Sorry for all of my mistakes. I couldn't seem to move "Chapter One" to the center. Comment!
bea873 said :
December 5, 2008 at 7:00 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
elmane8-73 said :
December 5, 2008 at 4:45 PM
Great job Leo! Yours was very well organized! And I also agree with Bea about the simple mistakes, but again great job!
xtian 9-05 said :
December 5, 2008 at 4:47 PM
Nice work Leo i agree with almane your work was very organized and i also agree with bea you have a couple of mistakes.
Leo-73 said :
December 5, 2008 at 9:46 PM
I cannot find any mistakes except of my title. Please help me out and point out my mistakes.
alyannaL said :
December 6, 2008 at 5:13 PM
YOMAAAR ! ;D Looks like its Christmas already with your poems. Because of your color code for your poems. Mk, I dont think I spotted any mistakes.. But the part where it says "sharing, giving, divide." I think you should make divide, dividing? It would sound better and maybe even make more sense.
gerico873 said :
December 6, 2008 at 11:43 PM
Good Job Leo!I can't find any mistakes:)

Post a Comment