Scribepost for January 21

12:55 PM

(6) Comments

Today in class we went over we went over some questions from the homework yesterday. After that Mr. Harbeck told us all the questions that we were supposed to have in our multicoloured book, and here they are: on the 2 step equations part (the bottom part), on the left side, first page (additive) we were supposed to have 4 examples of your choice, (with out using algebra tiles) and on the next page on the left side still, we were supposed to have the following subtractive questions: 7x-2=61, and -8t-23=-15. On the next page after that, the multiplicative page we needed to have these questions: -n+4=-2, and 3n+5=55. On the equations side (the right side) we needed to draw these in algebra tiles: the additive page, 2x+3=9, and -2x+4=10. On the subtactive equations page we needed to have 2x-6=4, and -2x-3=9. On the multiplicative equations page we needed to have 2n+1=5. We also did alot of examples on the board, they were mostly divisive, but we did do one multiplicative review question with algebra tiles, which has already been done in previous scribes.


Today we learned all about how to do divisive 2 step equations. All the divisive questions that we did were supposed to go into our multicolored book. We did five questions in class without algebra tiles but I am just going to show you how to do 2 of them.


The first question that I will show you how to do is n/4+3=15.


(Here's a hint: always remember that the variable gets canceled 2ND!)




Here is the other question that we did, this one is a bit trickier, 1/4n+3=8


(Here is another hint that might help: just remember, fractions are division!)

-1/4 times a number.
-Think 1n/4, draw n/4.



-When you substitute, you substitute for n.

That was basically all that we did in class today, a few divisive examples, but we do have homework, it is to finish the rest of page 43, and the first 6 questions on page 44 from the purple book, and I don't think that you need to draw algebra tiles for these ones. We also have a quiz on Friday on 2 step equations.


For tomorrow's scribe I pick Melanie, because she was supposed to do it today anyways!

Please comment and tell me ANYTHING that I can change!

6 Responses to "Scribepost for January 21"

melanie905 said :
January 21, 2009 at 9:52 PM
Great job Kara! I understood everything. I liked how you used different colours, although I don't think you should use more than one colour in one word. I also liked your examples. But I have one question. The part when you said we need "4" additive examples (no tiles), I only have 2, but we did them 2 ways? Does that mean I have four, or do I still need two more? Great job, Again!
allie said :
January 21, 2009 at 10:46 PM
Good job! I wasn't here and I was able to catch thanks to your post. On the second multiplicative question, is the answer 55 or 35? Because, I'd have to divide 50 by 3 after cancelling out the constant. I had 35 but is it 55 after all?
bea873 said :
January 22, 2009 at 6:04 PM
good job!Kara I really like your work you put all information and nice used of colour, again good job!
kara 9-05 said :
January 22, 2009 at 9:00 PM
Melanie, I think that your right, and we only have 2 questions but we did do them 2 different ways, so you don't need 2 more, and Aleiah, your right, sorry it was a miss type:)
January 23, 2009 at 7:52 PM
Great Job Kara! I agree with Melanie I don't think you should use more then one colour in one word. And maybe in the paragraph you have you could make the equations bigger to make them stand out even more.
Zerlina905 said :
January 25, 2009 at 11:48 AM
Good job Kara! Your scribe was awesome! Especially the pictures. I liked how you used colour it was very out standing. But when you put too many colours in one word it makes it hard to understand, good job again!

Post a Comment